There are foods that because of their properties are considered aphrodisiac, because they stimulate a person’s sexual potency; However, there are also those that can affect it, and as a result, generate low sexual desire.
Good nutrition is key to maintaining adequate levels of sexual desire, however there are some (or its components) that directly affect hormonal levels or affect circulation, including:
1. Coffee Drinking too much coffee reduces cortisol levels in the body due to caffeine. As the so-called stress hormone decreases it affects the production of the adrenal gland, which reduces energy and inhibits sexual desire, according to the National Institutes of Health of the United States.
2. Refreshment. An excess and frequent of these drinks is linked to depression, according to a study published in The New England Journal of Medicine; It is also associated with risk factors for diseases that affect sexual life, such obesity and diabetes.
3. Artificial sweeteners In particular, aspartame can affect neurotransmitters such as dopamine, which are needed in the proper amounts for normal sexual behavior, according to nutrition specialist Rachel Fiske.
4. Alcoholic beverages. The Alcohol is a depressant that can affect libido. In men it creates a reaction similar to estrogen, a female hormone that can reduce sexual desire. Also, drinking too much can lead to a decrease in the testicles, as well as the potential for impotence, according to livestrong.com
5. Processed food. Foods high in sodium and saturated fat increases your body’s blood levels, affecting the blood vessels of the penis, which reduces the sexual desire and response.
In addition, excess of sodium and low potassium general hypertension and alters the flow to the genitals; Meanwhile, some preservatives or flavorings such as monosodium glutamate directly affect libido and sexual satisfaction.
Remember that you should avoid this type of food to have a good sexual desire and performance, mainly before any encounter in privacy. This way you can prepare properly for a full sex life.