According to World Health Organization, herbal medicine includes herbs, herbal preparations and finished products, that contain as active ingredients parts of plants, or other plant materials, or combinations. The parts normally used for medicinal purposes are: seeds, roots, leaves or flowers.
Popular herbal plants locally include Aloe Vera, ginger, garlic, peppermint, turmeric, Neem, papaya, chili, lemon, eucalyptus, tea tree oil, ginseng, guava, clove, blueberries and grapes among others.
They are known to cure various diseases and conditions such as skin irritation, joint pains, premenstrual syndrome, heartburn, eczema, stomach upset, diabetes, ulcers, menopausal symptoms sore throats, coughs, chest congestion, nausea, rheumatoid arthritis indigestion, cancer, asthma, migraine, chronic fatigue and allergies.
Herbal medicines take various forms such as oils, tablets, powders, pills, dietary supplements and syrups.
The following herbal medicines are available and affordable in Nairobi’s Eastleigh, cures different illness.
Moringa is powdered herbal medicines that provide the following health benefits to the body:
- Increases the natural defense of the body and strengthen the immune system
- Provides nourishment to the eyes and the brain
- It promotes metabolism
- Enhances natural serum cholesterol
- Reduces wrinkles and beautifies the skin
- Promotes proper digestion
- Act as antioxidants
- Helps in the management of diabetes
Direction of use: since the herbal is in powder form, with 1 teaspoonful of Moringa, add it to a cup of warm water, mix well and, the solution is to be taken in the morning and at night.
SAFI NATURAL BLOOD PURIFIER
It is in the form of syrup. The following are some of the health benefits:
- It purifies the blood from infections and improves liver infection
- Improves blood circulation
- Cures constipation
- Keeps the skin’s pimple-free and glowing naturally
- Provides natural cure for skin disorders like acne, boils, skin rashes and blemishes
- Enhances bowel movement
Direction of use: taking 1 teaspoonful in the morning and at night is recommended. For adults, a normal-size teaspoonful is to be taken while children to be given 1 small teaspoonful.
COSTUS (QASDUL HINDI)
Powder form, Costus herbal can only be taken by adults. It has the following health benefits:
- Improves strength in men while performing intercourse
- Reduces the impact of body injury
- Improve performance of the body hormones
- It gives the general body strength
- It reduces blood clotting especially in the brain
- Helps in joint pain elimination
- Gives strength to the stomach
- Improves the body immune system
- Regulates body’ sugar level
- Helps in cancer of the mouth
- Promotes proper blood flow of the body
- It in managing diseases like cancer
Direction of use: mix 1 teaspoonful of powdered Costus herbal with a cup of warm water, drink it in the morning and at night.
ALOE VERA CAPSULES EXTRA
Aloe Vera has numerous health benefits and this capsule extra is made from the plant. The aloe Vera capsule extra; is made of small capsules and treat the following diseases:
- It is anti-fungal, antibacterial and antiviral
- Helps in aiding the healing of amoeba
- Fights digestive disorders
- Helps in managing prostate cancer
- Management of diabetes
- Rectal itching
- Colon problems
- Aids bowel movements
Direction of usage: taking two capsules twice a day is recommended and the dosage will easily be prescribed by the herbalist.
Note: These herbal medicines and others are available in Nairobi’s Eastleigh, 12th street. To get more details about the herbal medicines, contact Osman Mohamud, 0728 982 280